Can Do MS and the University of South Florida MS Center are here to help you take steps towards a healthier life.
Join us for one of these upcoming programs in your area or consider other great opportunities available online!
Clearwater, FL - Finding Balance In Your Life
This program has passed.
Does it feel like MS takes an overwhelming role in your life? Join us for “Finding Balance” to learn how to make sure the things you love don't come second to MS.
May 6, 2022
1:00 - 3:00 pm ET
Collaborative Labs, Tropics Room
13805 58th St N
Clearwater, FL 33760
Tampa, FL - Managing Invisible Symptoms
This program has passed.
Do you feel misunderstood, isolated, and constantly challenged by the nature of your chronic illness? Join us for this program to learn how to manage these challenges, and communicate about your invisible illness to those who are important to you.
May 7, 2022
9:00 am - 12:30 pm ET
USF School of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
3515 East Fletcher Ave
Tampa, FL 33613
Explore More Opportunities with Can Do MS
TAKE CHARGE® Programs for the Black Community and Veterans
TAKE CHARGE is designed to help you find a fresh start.
Join this one-of-a-kind program to learn, set goals, and create healthy changes for your life. Plus, meet other people living with MS who "get it"—all in a positive, safe, at-home environment.
We welcome your support partner (spouse, significant other, family member, friend) to attend with you. Often support partners discover a new sense of understanding and connection that they can't find anywhere else.
During the program, you and your support partner will:
- Get your questions answered and develop personal goals
- Receive the support you need through workshops specific to people with MS and support partners
- Have fun with other participants from across the country
Can Do MS Live Webinars
April 6th, 2022 @ 8:00pm - 9:00pm US/Eastern
Do you ever feel like your head is a pool of Jell-o? If you're struggling to make your way through the mental muck, tune into this webinar as we address common cognitive challenges.
Laura M. Hancock, PhD
Laura Kingston, OTR/L
May 4th, 2022 @ 8:00pm - 9:00pm US/Eastern
Meghan Beier, PhD
Pilar Poal, PhD
Life with MS can be challenging enough without living under a cloud of depression or anxiety. Joining this Webinar will help you find clarity through the cloud. Learn how to identify and articulate what you're feeling, then get the right assessments and treatments.
June 1st, 2022 @ 8:00pm - 9:00pm US/Eastern
Brenda Miller Blake, NP-C, MSCN
Lindie Schreiner, PTA
One of the most disruptive symptoms of MS can be bowel and bladder issues. If you're sick of feeling interrupted or embarrassed by these symptoms, join this Webinar. You can learn how MS affects these important functions and how your healthcare team can help you find confidence and regain control.
Can Do MS In-Person Programs: COVID Mitigation Guidelines
- Each program will have a limited attendance capacity; RSVPs will be required
- Face masks are recommended
- Can Do MS will setup program space to promote social distancing; participants and staff will be encouraged to keep social distance for the entirety of the program
- Participants and staff will be encouraged to receive their COVID vaccination prior to attending the program
- Can Do MS will disinfect high-touch areas and provide sanitization supplies
If the program offers food:Participants will receive “to-go meals” at the end of the program; if someone needs to drink or eat at the program, they will be asked to step away from other participants
- Can Do MS will follow all other local guidelines
- In the event that Can Do MS cannot host an in-person program, a virtual alternative will be offered
These programs are possible thanks to the generous support of the following sponsors: