October 1-2 & October 3-4, 2020
TAKE CHARGE® is a live, two-day, virtual program specifically focused on the issues faced by young adults (ages 21-45) living with MS and their support partners (spouse, significant other, family member, friend).
What to Expect
The TAKE CHARGE program includes pre-program learning courses and a live, two-day, virtual program. During the live program, young adults and their support partners will:
- Develop a plan to take control of their MS during a series of interactive workshops.
- Attend private coaching sessions with professional advisors and MS experts - including a physical therapist, financial planner, and nurse practitioner.
- Learn from others in their community during group discussion sessions.
- Make lifelong connections with daily happy hours and virtual yoga classes.
Pre-program material will be available about two weeks before the live program and include courses on employment, diet and exercise, mood and cognition, and tips for support partners.
This year, we are offering two TAKE CHARGE sessions. You can apply for one or both sessions, but will only be selected for one.
- Session 1: Thursday, October 1: 11:00am – 6:15pm & Friday, October 2, 2020: 11:00am – 6:15pm
- Session 2: Saturday, October 3: 11:00am – 6:15pm & Sunday, October 4, 2020: 11:00am – 6:15pm
Selected participants, including support partners, will be expected to participate fully in both days. Participants need a webcam, a reliable internet connection with access to Zoom, and a quiet place. Please note that some sessions will require persons with MS and support partners to be connected in separate rooms.
Each session will have limited seats. Unfortunately not everyone who applies will be selected. We encourage you to fill out your application as thoroughly as possible. Application must be submitted by 9am Eastern on Monday, August 17. You will hear the status of your application by August 31.
This program is possible thanks to the generous support from the following sponsors: