TAKE CHARGE® is designed to help you find a fresh start.
Our first TAKE CHARGE Program of 2022 will focus on Aging With MS.
Even if you have lived with MS for many years, you may be finding new challenges as the disease progresses. Meanwhile, you may be wondering: "Is this my MS, or is this normal aging?"
Join this one-of-a-kind program to learn, set goals, and create healthy changes for your life. Plus, meet other people living with MS who "get it"—all in a positive, safe, at-home environment.
We welcome your support partner (spouse, significant other, family member, friend) to attend with you. Often support partners discover a new sense of understanding and connection that they can't find anywhere else.
2022 TAKE CHARGE Program - Aging With MS - Application Open!
Program Dates: March 25 - 26 (one evening session and one daytime session)
Application Deadline: January 24 at 9am ET
This program will have limited seats. Unfortunately, not everyone who applies will be selected. We encourage you to fill out your application as thoroughly as possible.
Now is the time to invest in yourself and your life! At TAKE CHARGE, you'll be empowered to make real changes that have a real impact on your wellbeing. Topics covered will include:
- MS disease progression: What's happening, what comes next?
- Cognition & mood: Is this MS or aging?
- Movement & daily activity: Staying mobile, independent, and active
- Relationships & communication: Finding fulfillment and support for one another
What to Expect
The TAKE CHARGE program includes pre-program learning courses and a live, virtual program.
TAKE CHARGE: Aging With MS will take place over the course of one evening and one day.
- Friday, March 25 from 6:00 - 8:00 pm ET, and
- Saturday, March 26 from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm ET
During the program, you and your support partner will:
- Get your questions answered and develop personal goals
- Get the support you need through workshops specific to people with MS and support partners
- Have fun with other participants from across the country
Pre-program materials will be available about two weeks before the live program and will provide resources related to:
- Mood and cognition
- Diet, exercise, and fatigue
- Employment and financial planning
- What does it mean to be a support partner
RACHEL, TAKE CHARGE PARTICIPANT
"NOW, I HAVE A BETTER QUALITY OF LIFE. I’M NOT LIVING IN FEAR. I CAN CONTINUE TO BE THE LOVING, ADVENTUROUS, AND CHARISMATIC WOMAN I WAS BEFORE MY MS.”
This program is possible thanks to the generous support from the following sponsors: