TAKE CHARGE® Program
Find support from people who really get it, solutions to manage your MS, and guidance for navigating the healthcare system. Join this one-of-a-kind program to learn how you can take charge of your MS, your healthcare, and your life!
- 2023 Program Dates & Applications - COMING SOON!
- Support partners and caregivers are welcome
- Seats are limited
At this program, you'll be empowered to take action for your wellness, manage your symptoms, and find your own way to thrive.
Topics covered will include:
- Advocating for yourself in the healthcare system: Gain the power and knowledge to be an active decision-maker in your healthcare
- Movement & daily activity: Get active, stay mobile, and have fun
- Relationships & communication: Find tips to talk so others will really hear you, and listen so others can really talk to you.
- Cognition & mood: Get to know what's going on with your mind
You'll leave this program with:
- SMART goals: You'll map out a personal plan for success with help from MS care professionals
- Self-advocacy tools: You'll be prepared for doctor's visits, have tools to speak up for yourself, and learn to make every conversation count
- Lasting connections: The friendships made in these two days can last a lifetime!
- and so much more!
We highly encourage your support partner (spouse, significant other, family member, friend) to attend with you. Often support partners discover a new sense of understanding and connection that they can't find anywhere else.
What to Expect
The TAKE CHARGE Program includes pre-program video resources and a live, virtual program, which takes place:
- Day 1, Trivia Night - 6:00 - 8:15 pm ET
- Day 2, Workshops - 10:30 am - 5:00 pm ET
During the program, you and your support partner will:
- Get your questions answered by an integrated team of MS specialists and doctors
- Develop personal goals for you to manage your symptoms and keep up with the things you love
- Get the support you need through workshops specific to people with MS and support partners
- Have fun and make friends!
To provide the best experience for participants, space is limited for this program. We encourage you to fill out your application as thoroughly as possible.