Is CAN DO right for you?
This program is created for anyone living with multiple sclerosis. Whether you’ve been diagnosed for 12 months or 12 years, everyone has something to gain and contribute at the CAN DO Program. We highly suggest that a support partner attends with you. A support partner can be a spouse, partner, family member, friend, or anyone who cares about you. MS is a “we disease” – it affects not just you, but those around you. This program provides the best opportunity for support partners to learn about the impacts of MS on their own health and take steps towards their personal goals.
What should you expect?
- Exclusive access to the CAN DO Self-Guided Learning prior to the live program (approx. 2 hours)
- 3-day live virtual program, running from 10am – 4pm each day on the program dates that will include:
- A follow-up program for 6 months following the program.
- Team and individual coaching from health professionals
- Problem-solving workshops with coaches and others living with MS
- Separate support groups for people living with MS and support partners
- Group yoga and stretching
- Connecting with other people living with MS and support partners
- CAN DO 2: Continuing the Connection includes 12 coaching sessions/workshops (approx. 10 hours spread out over 6 months)
Who should come as a support partner?
A support partner can be a spouse, partner, family member, friend, or anyone who cares about you. MS is a “we disease” – it affects not just you, but those around you.
How can you prepare for the program?
- Plan to attend all program sessions, including CAN DO 2:Continuing the Connection.
- Make sure you have stable access to the internet throughout the program with a reliable webcam, microphone, and speakers. You will attend CAN DO over Zoom and you will not need to download any software. There will be one hour each day when you and your support partner will need separate devices and be in separate rooms.
- Do your best and take care of yourself! The more you put in, the more you’ll get out – but always know your limits when taking on a long day.
- Talk to your healthcare team before attending the program. Understand your needs and only perform movements that are safe for you.
- Stay open-minded, respect differing opinions, and be kind to the community.
We understand that emergencies happen, but staffing is planned around your attendance. We expect that you will inform Can Do MS if you need to miss a session. No-shows or late cancellations may result in a cancellation fee.
How will I stay engaged?
Even though this is a virtual program, CAN DO will get you moving and motivated. Our team of coaches will invite you to join group yoga and stretching sessions, and teach you exercises you can do at home.
Since CAN DO’s inception, attendees leave with a smile on their faces and new connections in the MS community. Meet others and have fun, without ever leaving home!
This will be the start of your CAN DO journey, but certainly not the end. After your session, you will be enrolled in CAN DO 2: Continuing the Connection.
- Stay connected with friends you made at the CAN DO Program
- Check in on your goals and help motivate others with theirs
- Receive more group and individual coaching from the CAN DO Team
- Participate in group workshops on symptom management and wellness strategies
CAN DO 2: Continuing the Connection runs for 6 months after the program and includes 12 sessions, each running 45-60 minutes. Follow-up coaching and learning is critical to achieving your goals and making changes that will stick, so plan to attend all of the Can Do 2 sessions!
Does the program cost anything?
You will receive three days of coaching, learning, and connections, 12 follow-up sessions with CAN DO 2 and exclusive access to a library of Can Do MS resources, absolutely free!
The value of this program is $3,000 per participant. Due to high demand and popularity, we want to make sure that accepted applicants attend and get the most out of this experience. If you are accepted to the program, you will be asked to provide a credit card. As long as you attend the program or cancel within 2 weeks of the program, you will not be charged. If you cancel less than 2 weeks prior to the program or miss significant amounts of the program, you may be asked to provide a $150 cancellation fee to cover any fixed expenses.
Who should I contact with questions?
For CAN DO Program inquiries:
Cari Fehler, Programs Associate
cfehler@CanDo-MS.org | 970-926-1284