CAN DO ®
Imagine a program dedicated exclusively to helping you thrive with MS. This personalized program addresses your unique physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual needs while offering the knowledge, skills, support, and confidence to transform challenges into possibilities.
Our renowned CAN DO Program offers the industry’s most comprehensive view of MS, empowering you with a whole person, whole health, and whole community approach to living fully with MS. Special sessions are devoted to support partners (spouses, family members, friends, etc.) to explore their needs, goals, concerns, and challenges.
2020 Program Will Include Can Do II!
CAN DO II: Continuing the Connection is the second part of the CAN DO Program. This is a virtual program that consists of a combination of online group meetings, workshops, and individual consultations and will run for six months. This portion of the program, beginning in July of 2020, completes the CAN DO experience.
You must commit to the continuation sessions in order to be eligible for the CAN DO Program. Please see the Application Process for details.
May 13-16, 2020
Application opens - 12pm ET on December 12, 2019
Application closes - 12pm ET on December 13, 2019
1. Complete the application form on December 12, 2019 starting at 12pm ET. Please note the application will only be open for 24 hours. We will notify you by January 21, 2020 if you are accepted.
- Sample Application to help you prepare for the questions that will be asked.
2. If accepted into the program, you will have three weeks to return the physician consent form. If your form is NOT received by the due date, your spot will be forfeited.
- Download the Physician Consent form here, and give to either your primary care physician or neurologist to sign.
3. By applying to CAN DO Program, you are committing to attend all program activities starting Wednesday, May 13 through Saturday, May 16, 2020. Please review the sample schedule to make sure you are able to commit to all program activities.
4. By applying to the program, you are also committing to CAN DO II: Continuing the Connection, a virtual program that consists of a combination of online group meetings, workshops, and individual consultations. This part of the program will run for six months starting in July of 2020 and will include:
- 6 Monthly group sessions with a psychologist
- 3 Workshops every other month
- 3 Individual consultations
5. If accepted, a $250 refundable registration fee is required to confirm your spot. This fee will be refunded if you attend the program or if you cancel four weeks prior.
6. Complete all other required forms leading up to the program. Detailed instructions will be provided upon acceptance.
Explore. Discover. Realize. Live.
Using an interdisciplinary team of nationally recognized professionals, this intensive four-day program goes well beyond traditional health and wellness programs by providing comprehensive assessments and education about MS – its effects, treatment options and lifestyle adaptation strategies. Through seminars, interactive workshops, support groups and goal setting, participants develop a personalized lifestyle plan, learning how to address lifestyle areas unique to them, including nutrition, exercise, rehabilitation, mobility, bladder/sexual function, psychological support, and ways to seek out and acquire needed resources. With a staff to participant ratio of 2:1, participants receive an unsurpassed level of personal attention and are able to speak with medical professionals in an intimate, unhurried environment that is rare in health care today.
Including Support Partners in the Journey
Spouses, family members or friends are encouraged to attend the CAN DO Program. Special sessions are devoted to this group to explore their needs, goals, concerns, and challenges.
No Charge To You
We believe in providing the best programs possible at no charge to you. Please note: If you are accepted into the program, you are required to pay a $250 refundable registration fee. This fee will be refunded if you attend the program or cancel four weeks prior. You will also be responsible for any travel costs getting to and from the four-day CAN DO Program venue location.
Here’s what is included free of charge:
- Program materials and handouts for one participant and one support partner.
- Three meals a day* starting with breakfast on Wednesday, May 13 and ending with the celebration dinner ceremony on Saturday, May 16.
*Dinner will not be included on Friday, May 15. Attendees will be responsible for making their dinner plans and covering the cost; local dining options will be provided.
- Participation in lectures and workshops.
- Assessments and individual consultations for participants.
- Separate facilitated group discussions for support partners and participants with a psychologist experienced in MS.
- Lodging for 5 nights for the CAN DO Participant and support partner (assumes double occupancy) with arrival on Tuesday, May 12 and departure on Sunday, May 17.
These programs are possible thanks to the generous support of the following sponsor: