CAN DO ®
Thrive With a Team You Can Count On
For more than 30 years, the CAN DO Program has helped thousands of people find hope and take control of their lives. This year, you can join the CAN DO program from the comfort and safety of your home.
Our renowned CAN DO Program offers the industry’s most comprehensive, personalized, team-based approach. You won’t just receive information, you and your support partner will develop individualized plans to reach your personal goals in a small, supportive community.
2021 CAN DO Program Dates
April 29 - May 1
10am-4pm ET each day
Application deadline: March 4
10am-4pm ET each day
Application deadline: June 5
10am-4pm ET each day
Application deadline: October 2
How to Apply
Applications for all three programs are now being accepted. Not all applicants can be accepted due to the small, intentional group sizes of this program. There is no cost to apply. Please see our cancellation policy for more information.
We will be reviewing applications on a first-come, first-serve basis.
What to Expect and FAQs
- Why CAN DO?
- Is CAN DO right for you?
- What should you expect?
- How you'll stay engaged
- How you can prepare for the program
- Does the program cost anything?
Why CAN DO?
Research shows that team-based approaches lead to better health and wellness. The CAN DO Program allows you to share, strategize, and strengthen with a small group of others going through similar journeys as you. All the while, you’ll receive comprehensive guidance from the Can Do MS Coaching Team, which includes:
- MS Nurses
- Psychologists/Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Dietitians/Nutrition Coaches
These professionals will all work together to provide integrated, personalized guidance for your wellness. You will spend time with the entire team, receive 1-on-1 coaching from individual members, and walk away with the knowledge and confidence to take steps towards a better life. No other program offers an opportunity like this!
Note: Can Do MS does not provide medical programs. Your coaches cannot provide specific advice or diagnosis, but they will work together to give you options, resources, and motivation.
Is CAN DO right for you?
This program is created for anyone living with MS. Whether you’ve been diagnosed for 12 months or 12 years, everyone has something to gain and contribute at the CAN DO Program. We highly suggest that a support partner attends with you. A support partner can be a spouse, partner, family member, friend, or anyone who cares about you. MS is a “we disease” – it affects not just you, but those around you. This program provides the best opportunity for support partners to learn about the impacts of MS on their own health and take steps towards their personal goals.
What should you expect?
- Exclusive access to the CAN DO Self-Guided Learning prior to the live program (approx. 2 hours)
- 3-day live virtual program, running from 10am – 4pm each day that will include:
- Team and individual coaching from health professionals
- Problem-solving workshops with coaches and others living with MS
- Separate support groups for people living with MS and support partners
- Group yoga and stretching
- Connecting with other people living with MS and support partners
- A follow-up program for 6 months following the program. CAN DO 2: Continuing the Connection includes 12 coaching sessions/workshops (approx. 10 hours spread out over 6 months)
- Stay connected with friends you made at the CAN DO Program
- Check in on your goals and help motivate others with theirs
- Receive more group and individual coaching from the CAN DO Team
- Participate in group workshops on symptom management and wellness strategies
- Plan to attend all program sessions, including CAN DO 2: Continuing the Connection.
- Make sure you have stable access to the internet throughout the program with a reliable webcam, microphone, and speakers. You will attend CAN DO over Zoom and you will not need to download any software. There will be one hour each day when you and your support partner will need separate devices and be in separate rooms.
- Do your best and take care of yourself! The more you put in, the more you’ll get out – but always know your limits when taking on a long day.
- Talk to your healthcare team before attending the program. Understand your needs and only perform movements that are safe for you.
- Stay open-minded, respect differing opinions, and be kind to the community.
How you'll stay engaged
Even though this is a virtual program, CAN DO will get you moving and motivated. Our team of coaches will invite you to join group yoga and stretching sessions, and teach you exercises you can do at home.
Since CAN DO’s inception, attendees leave with a smile on their faces and new connections in the MS community. Meet others and have fun, without ever leaving home!
This will be the start of your CAN DO journey, but certainly not the end. After your session, you will be enrolled in CAN DO 2: Continuing the Connection.
CAN DO 2: Continuing the Connections runs for 6 months after the program and includes 12 sessions, each running 45-60 minutes. Follow-up coaching and learning is critical to achieving your goals and making changes that will stick, so plan to attend all of the Can Do 2 sessions!
How you can prepare for the program
We understand that emergencies happen, but staffing is planned around your attendance. We expect that you will inform Can Do MS if you need to miss a session. No-shows or late cancellations may result in a cancellation fee.
Does the program cost anything?
You will receive three days of coaching, learning, and connections, 12 follow-up sessions with CAN DO 2, and exclusive access to a library of Can Do MS resources, absolutely free!
The value of this program is $3,000 per participant. Due to high demand and popularity, we want to make sure that accepted applicants attend and get the most out of this experience. If you are accepted to the program, you will be asked to provide a credit card. As long as you attend the program or cancel within 2 weeks of the program, you will not be charged. If you cancel less than 2 weeks prior to the program or miss significant amounts of the program, you may be asked to provide a $150 cancellation fee to cover any fixed expenses.
These programs are possible thanks to the generous support of the following sponsors:
Janssen Pharmaceuticals / Johnson & Johnson