ADAPTIVE SKI SCHOLARSHIPS
Our founder, Olympic ski racer Jimmie Heuga, believed in the importance of focusing on what you “can do.” In Jimmie’s spirit, we offer opportunities for Adaptive Ski Scholarships to people living with MS.
Can Do MS is providing scholarships for adaptive ski lessons facilitated by New England Disabled Sports and Challenge Mountain. These adaptive ski lessons take place during the SKI for MS event series, a community fundraiser bringing people together at mountains across the country. Click here to learn more about SKI for MS!
The application is CLOSED for the 2020 Season:
Loon Mountain, NH - Saturday, February 1
Boyne Mountain, MI - Saturday, February 29
Adaptive Ski Scholarships include:
- A private ski lesson with trained instructor on the specified date
- Rental of adaptive ski equipment*
- 2 lift tickets - one for you and one for a guest**
- 1 night of complimentary hotel accommodations
- Lunch voucher for you and your guest
- Entrance to the après event of the season
Adaptive Ski Scholarships do not include:
- Winter apparel (i.e. jackets, hats, gloves, goggles, hand/foot warmers)
Scholarships are extremely limited. Participants will be chosen by lottery and notified of their status by email on Friday, December 20.
Apply today for an opportunity to learn how to ski or rediscover your skiing passion!
* Participants are responsible for their own winter clothing, including jackets, gloves, goggles, etc.
**Guests include spouses, children over the age of 18, friends, or other support partners. Guests are encouraged to ski alongside the adaptive participants; however, the instructor cannot provide instruction to guests. If guests are beginner skiers, they are responsible for booking their own instructor. Guests are also responsible for their own ski rentals.